Introduction to BladeCalc
This program was originally written to ease building of a plug to produce glass fibre rotor blades for small wind turbines . The program uses Betz Theorem to calculate the required shape of the rotor blade.
Production of Jig templates
This program can produce blades in 2 ways:
1. Produce templates for a jig from which a planked plug can be built.
2. Produce 3 Dimensional blade profile for cutting on a CNC machine.
Automatic Blade Generation
The program can compute a blade shape given only minimal parameters:
○ Shaft power required.
○ Target windspeed.
○ Target RPM.
The program will also calculate:
○ Predicted shaft power,efficiency and tip speed produced at a given windspeed.
○ Reynolds number for each section at a given windspeed.
○ Bending torque of the blade at each section.
○ Centripetal force on the blade
3D DXF output for C.A.D and CAM programs
The program will also produce DXF files, which can be used as input to Computer Aided Design program / CAM Software I.E Meshcam. This allows you to produce your turbine blades via CNC with NO knowledge of 3D drawing or blade design needed.